In honor of the day, I'm serving up Raspberry Fool.
1 pint raspberries combined with 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp raspberry liquer or Grand Marnier (if you like)
1 pint heavy whipping cream combined with 1/4 cup sugar.
10 sugar cookies.
• Puree the berries and liquer in a blender, until smooth.
• Drain the puree.
• Whip the cream until it starts to thicken.
• Add the remaining sugar and whip until firm peaks form.
• Reserve a few tablespoons of pure whipped cream for topping.
• Fold the puree into the whipped cream slightly.
• Put into pretty glasses or pudding cups.
• Top with whipped cream and cookie crumbs.
• Garnish with fresh mint leaves.